The Lew Crew

The Lew Crew
You got a long way to go Fat Stuff! Get out there and run!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Big Horn Trail Run 50 Miler, I'm getting scared!

This run is sneaking up on me like a homeless man on a half eaten sandwich. Before I know it I will be scooped out of the trash can, with his back to the street, I will be devoured. I am still pushing hard in my training, but the light at the end of the tunnel comes into focus, and when I think I have a firm grasp it slips through my fingers. This last week I ran 29.98 miles, 7 hours & 39 minutes, and 3,794 feet of elevation gain. Sounds awsome, but I fear it is no where near where I need to be on race day. This week I am going to push hard, and my goal with be to spend 12 hours pounding the trails in a week. I am going to be pooping down both legs on race day, if I know in my mind I can't eaisly handle 12 hours a week. I would feel even better if I could bump up to 14 or 15 hours a week in may. 50 miles, where do I get these crazy ideas. But, the plane tickets are purchased, the hotel is reserved, and my entry fee has been paid. Plus, I have never been one to back down once I started something. All the other goals of no meat, or running barefoot during the race seem insignificant, and above all else I must be prepared to run and finish the race. The following video is a 360 degree pan from the top of the Pu'u Huluhulu vent in Hawaii's Volcanoes National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment