The Lew Crew

The Lew Crew
You got a long way to go Fat Stuff! Get out there and run!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Chubby Cheetah's Kitchen, # 3, Triple Berry Pie

 I started craving something sweet, and there was nothing in the house. I had lost the Jeep keys a couple of days previous, Jaime was off to work, and Betty and I were at home. I searched through the cupboards until I ended up in the freezer staring at a pie shell from turkey day, and then I looked down and saw our triple berry mix for smoothies. Perfect. I am just starting to do some baking, but my gamble paid off. It was berry good.

The Berries in our berry mix were Raspberry, Blue Berry, and Black Berry.

ingredients -

Mixed Berries to liking.
1/2 Cup Maui Pure Cain Sugar
1/2 Cup Organic Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Molasses
2 Tablespoons Agave Sweetener
2 Eggs
1 Nine Inch Pie Shell

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You will have to adjust cooking times depending if you are using fresh or frozen berries, these are for frozen. Mixed berries, brown and Cain sugar, molasses, and agave. Beat the 2 eggs well in a bowl, and then mix well into berry mixture. Pop in the oven, and cook at 350 deg. for one hour. Turn down to 300 deg. for a half hour, and finish cooking by a half hour at 250 degrees. Let the pie cool on a cooling rack until room temperature, and then chill at least one hour in the refrigerator before serving. This tangy tart treat will light up the senses. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment